Thursday, April 5, 2007

Morbidly obese student would rather pay loans than 'Run for Justice'

Like the majority of law students, 3L Jerry Snedson has accumulated an enormous amount of debt. He, like so many others, is unsure about how he is going to pay off all of his student loans when he graduates. Unfortunately for Jerry, his debt isn't all that's enormous.

Jerry Snedson weighs in at nearly 460 pounds. His eating and exercise habits would shock the average person. Needless to say, Jerry will not be running the five kilometer "Run for Justice.”

"Yeah, I think I'd rather just pay my loans," said Jerry after glancing at the hallway display, which touts the 5K run as a means of paying off student debt. "It's pretty unfair, though," he continued, "because that's just not something I can do. If it were like, 'Pay off your debt by reading Batman comics' or something, I'd be all over it."