Thursday, March 29, 2007

Student with remarkably high LSAT score brags, fails

Snivelsome Oldbean, The Stool

This fall, 1L Larry Karmstein was incredibly optimistic as he purchased his books and started preparing for classes. He had enrolled at William Mitchell after scoring a remarkable 178 on the LSAT. When one of the bookstore attendants expressed that he felt sorry for Karmstein for having to go through WRAP, Karmstein replied, "Oh, no problem. I got a 178 on my LSAT."

"Oh, I remember that guy. He was a dick," reports 1L Anna Lenderson, "I introduced myself to him during orientation. The first thing he asked was what my LSAT score was. I was like, um, yeah, whatever. So he just blurts out that he scored a 178. I was like, 'Good for you, go away.'"

Karmstein's good fortune and high marks weren't destined to last,
however. He failed both Torts I and Property I, and was ejected from school shortly thereafter.

Karmstein was, apparently, a victim of freakish good luck. He was one of the very few people who manage to guess an incredibly high number of answers correctly on the multiple-choice LSAT.

"The fact of the matter is that the guy was an idiot," said his unnamed Contracts professor. "A lucky idiot, but still an idiot."