Thursday, January 18, 2007

iTunes Malfunction Causes Social Suicide

Snivelsome Oldbean, The Stool

The wonders of technology turned into a terrible enemy for Bill Klassun on Tuesday, when his newly installed version of iTunes began playing a recently purchased copy of "Wannabe" by mid-90’s pop sensation the Spice Girls without warning in the middle of his Civil Procedure class.

"I can't explain it," he stated after the event, "I was sitting there taking notes about interpleader when my iTunes just started blaring music. It was probably one of the top three worst moments of my life.”

"I started panicking, I guess. I couldn’t find the right button to close the program, and the volume control for my stupid speakers wouldn’t work,” explained Klassun. "I've heard peoples' cell phones go off in class, but I never imagined anything like this would happen to me. It's a nightmare."

Klassun was forced to scoop up his laptop and leave class to stop causing the disturbance. While he remains hopeful that people will quickly forget the incident, reservations remain concerning going back to class.

“Everyone was looking at me. The prof even stopped talking. I’m sure people are calling me ‘The Music Man’ by now.”