Thursday, October 2, 2008

Red square a mystery to all

Hans Olo, The Stool

The sloppily-painted red square on the lower right-hand side of the wall outside room 323 has the student body and the school's maintenance department stumped.

"I was happy to see it there," said 3L Tom Aeillo. "It's very non-conformist. It's a commentary on our obsession with order and symmetry in law, is what it is. Art can't be defined and ruled and briefed and thrown in a book! It has to be experienced and pondered like a sunset on a beach, or taking a satisfying turd while reading one of those 'Bathroom Reader' books."

The Mitchell maintenance staff was less philosophical. "I dunno what it is," maintenance technician Tom Granger told us. "I thought it was something one of you snot-nosed douches did while waiting for your waste-of-time classes to start. I'm not repainting that wall, that's all I know."

Mitchell faculty refused to comment on the square, although Professor Hogg did say, "I LET MY DOG EAT NECKLACES IN THE ACCIDENT. GOBLET?"