Thursday, March 20, 2008

Former Mitchell student wanted to move back to Africa anyway

Michelle Clark, The Stool

The man voted “most likely to be disbarred” by his classmates is enjoying life in his native Cameroon. “I didn’t want to stay in shitty America anyway,” said Djab Uying via phone. “When the corrupt U.S. government charged me with [crimes] I did not commit, I decided to leave, since I was probably going to leave soon on my own anyway.”

Uying is unable to practice law in Cameroon, but is staying busy with other pursuits. “I’ve constructed a very fashionable corrugated tin manse for myself, and have had numerous requests from my neighbors to build tin dwellings for them as well. I plan to parlay my building skills into many thousands of US dollars.”

Although lacking plumbing, electricity, and windows of any kind, Uying has recently upgraded his dwelling to include a slit-trench latrine “away from the cooking pit so everything is sanitary.”

When asked what the future holds, Uying brims with confidence. “I became adept at copying people’s handwriting while in the land of the infidels. With this knowledge, and my construction business, I plan to be a very successful international businessman soon.” Our conversation was then cut off as Uying began fighting with another man over spending too much time on the village telephone.