Thursday, November 13, 2008

2L super stressed about bar exam

Hans Olo, The Stool

Fran Merkel, a Mitchell 2L worked herself into a tizzy last week when she spoke with a 3L acquaintance about the work involved in preparing for the bar exam. “I need to start studying now. Oh my god. I can’t breathe. I don’t even know anything about criminal law yet! How am I going to pass the bar exam if I don’t know about criminal law?”

Although Merkel eventually was able to bring herself under control, the school told us they prefer students to focus on the bar exam. “The bar exam is a very important goal for each student to have in her or her sights,” said the director of student affairs. “It keeps them in a perpetual state of semi-fear that makes them more pliant to our whims and wishes. Case in point – the PLP requirement.”