Thursday, January 17, 2008

Awkward hellos offered on first days of new semester

Hans Olo, The Stool

Students returned to the halls of William Mitchell this week, and many class acquaintances reconnected with either a short wave or a forced conversation.

“I saw this chick who was in my Copyrights class as I was sitting in the cafeteria thing, and waved to her” said 3L Ryan Nolan. “She came over and I was like ‘oh fuck. What the hell are we going to talk about?’ After the ‘how was your break’ and ‘that final wasn’t too bad’ conversations were over, I had nothing. Luckily she had to go to class.”

Many Mitchell students have faced similar situations this week. “I was walking to evidence and I saw someone who was in my tax class, but never talked to” 2L Lois Duncen told us. I was kind of looking at her out of the corner of my eye as she was coming towards me down the hall in case she waved or something. She looked at me as we were passing and said ‘hi,’ so I had to do the weird turn-around ‘hi’ thing. I hope she heard me, I don’t want to look like a bitch.”