Wednesday, September 17, 2008

2L happy classmates’ engagement rings aren’t as good as hers

Hans Olo, The Stool

Following a spat of summer engagements, 2L Brenda Harris-Barnes reunited with her study group last week and was relieved to see her engagement ring was still the prettiest. “Ohmygod I love my ring,” said Harris-Barnes. “Tom and I went to Jared and spent all day picking it out before he bought it. It makes my finger look tiny when I put it on – it’s just soooo pretty. I mean, [my friends’] rings are nice, but I’d have to say mine is definitely still the best I’ve ever seen.”

Harris-Barnes rarely misses an opportunity to inspect an engagement ring. “Whenever I meet someone who just got engaged, I always ask to see their ring. I’m always nice about telling them how pretty it is, but really I’m happy because it always looks so cheap compared to mine. Plus, now that I have my wedding ring beside it, it’s like twice as pretty. I can always tell they’re impressed when I show them. I’m just so lucky!”