Friday, April 11, 2008

1L happy to get the crap that’s left over

Hans Olo, The Stool

After a whirlwind of activity during his first registration process, Ty Widmer was happy to be taking anything.

“I was watching classes fill up for like three hours before it was finally my time,” said Widmer. “Then after refreshing the page about 29,000 times I registered for some stuff.“ When pressed, Widmer was unable to recall what he registered for or when the classes will meet next fall.

“What the hell is the matter with that fucking online system anyway?” asked Widmer. “Have they not thought of putting a clock on the registration page so you don’t have to try to register for something fifty times in a row hoping your time will finally roll around? And what the fuck clock are they using over there anyway? I swear it’s like four minutes slow for everyone. I had a less stressful time when the 35W bridge collapsed under me last summer than I had just now.”