Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First semester 1L eager to wear school sweatshirt to family function

Hans Olo, The Stool

When Dennis Framien walked in the doors of William Mitchell for the first time as a student, he knew exactly what he wanted. “A sweatshirt,” said Framien. “I’ve always wanted one, and now that I go here, I can wear one with pride.” Framien told The Stool he plans to wear the sweatshirt to family functions where his relatives can see he’s in law school “for real” and will give him the proper respect. “Yeah, I’m kind of a big deal right now. I’m in law school, and people ought to recognize that.”

Framien’s sister, Laura, caught wind of the upcoming apparel display and was unimpressed. “Of course he’s going to wear [a Mitchell sweatshirt]. Being in law school is like his life’s goal. We’ll see if he actually graduates.”

When asked about his first impressions of law school after less than a week, Framien told us, “It’s kind of more reading than I thought it would be, but WRAP doesn’t seem like that much work. I think that class will be pretty easy.”