Saturday, May 2, 2009

Dale Jr. yet to be mentioned in perplexing class

For Carrie, The Stool

As finals draw the spring semester to a close, one student remained utterly flummoxed as to the content of one of his courses.

"This class had nothing to do with racing at all," said 3L Blaine Smith, of Coon Rapids. "I was told the Racing Law class was awesome, so I took it. All they've talked about so far is minorities. What the hell? How can you offer a class in Racing Law then not even talk about NASCAR once?"

Although Smith was the first student to mistake "Race and the Law" for "Racing Law," Mitchell faculty is alarmed at the confusion. "Going forward, we decided to change the name of the course to 'Peoples With Increased Levels of Melanin in Their Skin and the Law' to avoid confusion."

Smith remains confused, but holds onto the hope that his favorite NASCAR drivers will be mentioned soon. "I would ask the prof about the migration from the Winston sponsorship to the Nextel sponsorship and I just got stared at. They didn't even talk about Midget Car racing. I mean come ON! I'm going to study up on it anyway, in case it's on the final."